1. Cada diseñador hará un cartel de formato vertical 60 x 90 cm
2. Cada diseñador será acreedor al título de una obra de la artista mexicana y tendrá que representar a la autora dentro del cartel. El título servirá de inspiración ya que por cuestiones de derechos de los cuadros no podemos tomar elementos gráficos o artísticos de estos
3. Es importante mencionar que es un cartel homenaje a Frida
4. El cartel será impresión digital
5. La fecha de entrega de la propuesta del cartel será el 30 de junio de 2007. Se enviará a la cuenta de firstname.lastname@example.org en formato jpg a 72 dpi y de tamaño 12 x 18 cm para poder subirlos al blog y tener una retroalimentación
Frida Kahlo (July 6, 1907 – July 13, 1954) was a Mexican painter who depicted the indigenous culture of her country in a style combining Realism, Symbolism and Surrealism. An active communist supporter, she was the wife of Mexican muralist and cubist painter Diego Rivera.
After the accident, Kahlo turned her attention away from the study of medicine to begin a full-time painting career. Drawing on personal experiences including her troubled marriage, her painful miscarriages, and her numerous operations, Kahlo's works are often characterized by their stark--and sometimes shocking--portrayals of pain. Fifty-five of her 143 paintings are self-portraits, which frequently incorporate symbolic portrayals of her physical and psychological wounds. Kahlo was deeply influenced by indigenous Mexican culture, which is apparent in her paintings' bright colors, dramatic symbolism and unapologetically harsh and gory content.
Within the context of the centenary of Frida birthday, we have decided to pay homage to her career and her life. So, we are inviting you to take part in this project sending us a poster inspired by a painting of Frida´s work.
1. Each artist will make a poster using the portrait orientation of the paper, the size must be 60 x 90 cm
2. Each artist will choose one title of Frida Kahlo´s paintings to take it as a source of inspiration to create one poster. Remember that you can not take graphical or artistic elements from the paintings because of the royalties
3. It´s important to point out that your poster pays homage to Frida
4. The printing method of the posters will be digital
5. The deathline is on June 30th 2007. The proposal should be sent in jpg to email@example.com in 72 dpi, in this case the size of the image should be 12 x 18 cm to upload it to the blog